Your author email newsletter is one of the best ways to communicate with your readers. But what do you write in order to keep the newsletter fresh and engaging? We’ve put together this resource of many great author email newsletter ideas of what to include.
Here are some great author email newsletter ideas you can use in your email marketing:
Book Promotion Ideas
It’s important to not be overly promotional in your newsletter – people want interesting information, not a commercial. However, there are things you can send out that will help promote your book and not seem too over the top promotional.
- Book Signing and Event Dates
- Special Pricing Promotion
- Book Reviews or Request to Post Reviews
- Announcement of New Releases
- Free Sample Chapter
- Subscriber Only Bonus Materials related to the book
Content Worth Sharing
Content is key in making your newsletter one that people want to read. Here are some ideas for fresh content you can send out:
- News or Events related to your book topic
- Author Interviews
- Round-up of articles published on your blog
- Fun facts about your writing process
- Supplemental information about your characters or scenes in the book you’ve written
- A quote or discussion point about your book
More Ideas for Things to Send to Your Subscribers
- A book review of a book you read and loved
- Your writing influences
- Reader surveys
- Blog posts from other blogs you admire (you will want to check with the blog owner first!)
- Lessons you’ve learned from writing a book
- Anniversary of publishing date or concept date
- Special promotions such as giveaways
- International Holidays/Seasonal Greetings
There are many things your readers and subscribers will value getting in their inbox each week. Keep it fresh and interesting and you’ll have many happy loyal readers who look forward to opening their email each week!
Do you have any ideas for content to include in your email newsletter? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!